Friday 2 March 2012

taganga

The sun’s in retreat upon my castle
            Perched abreast the town,

Thatched atop bamboo and reeds
            Pockets of salsa wave from hill to hill,

I, king in nature
            Muse at the local futbol
                        Parading ‘neath my nose,

With feet perched
            I Size the infinite ocean,

Chirps of foreign birds,
            Swatting the persistent fly,
                        Strung fish knotted through aged fingers,
                                    Baked bodies at sea,

Peecheeleelo and I
            Are eaten alive raw,

A still fierce heat,       
            Blazes off tin roofs
                        That pierce though tree tops,

 The swaying big top
            Echoes circus torment
                        From wild barefooted children,

A single road
            Bearer of life and loss,
                        All while the sun vanishes in one bite

No comments:

Post a Comment