Friday 2 March 2012

wake and bake

I tipped my cap
And bade adieu to my life of latter
My life of wonder
My life of unknown
My life of gamble
My foreign life
Only to touch down and don a new cap
With matching apron
And so I donned my apron
Now layered, caked and doused with ingredient
My life of kneading, mixing, and cutting
My life of timers, buzzers, and burning
My life of flour, eggs, and sugar
My life of recipe
Only to squeeze myself into the apron
And comfortable shoes
And so I tossed on my shoes
And walk the streets and forest in search of light
My life of weight
My life of bricks and mortar
My life of direction
My life of forced passion
Only to picture myself as a machine
With eroding metal
So I polished my metal
And set out for adventure in my new world with new mindset
My new life of wonder
My new life of unknown
My new life of gamble
My new foreign life

No comments:

Post a Comment