Friday 2 March 2012

a pitch. a focus. a lead

A pitch. A focus. A lead.
I’m stumbling through my library of thoughts for a unique direction in which to present to The Spec-
And the be honest it’s pretty damn hard to put my recent life into one shallow spectrum.

Sports- don’t follow!
Fashion- I’ll stick to second hand!
TV- whatever!
News- not interested! It’s all depressing!

So where do I fit in?
Where does this leave me- a 26 year old backpacker with exotic stories of lust, passion, and danger- now thrown back into a struggle for identity and direction- shacked up a couple doors down from  mama- now working in the family biscotti business with a dad that just told me he’s gay, spending my days hiking with my dog Karma and nights searching the computer for a career that I’m really not all that certain about altogether. Perhaps ill go back to Korea to teach English again, maybe HK or Taiwan- I even emailed a woman in Madrid- a little Spanish heat would definitely spice up my life.
Everyday my minds peering down a different alley. Maybe I’ll stay for a year take some grammar and writing courses at Ryerson, Humber or Mohawk… or an online course teaching English overseas- and while I’m on this topic I have to say I thoroughly hate websites… searching…searching….searching to the point where I stopped searching and got a phone number and called them up to talk directly; and do you know what they said? Did you manage to check out the website? Are you kidding me? I’m fed up anyways I’m so unsure that today I came up with the idea to borrow $20,000 from my dad’s pension to pay off school, and to buy a motorcycle. I think that if I at least had a motorcycle it would give me the freedom to want to stay instead of pack up again. It’s not even like I have anything wrong with Hamilton- well, that’s a little white lie- it’s just that I have such a bug to get out and see the world. You know, I taught two years in Korea and they have helped shape who I am today. Who is that?? I really don’t know, but a motorcycle couldn’t hurt by taking the edge off my life that has turn sterile.

No comments:

Post a Comment