Friday 2 March 2012

im at a luss

I’m at a luss
I guess trust is hard to come by,
I’ve been spoon fed
An entire bucket of dumb lies,
And each time
My dumb self tries to believe,
As a kid
I used to believe in the birds and bees,

And up until these days
I used to believe in you and me,
But how many times
Can you get shoed?
Before the bee leaves,
Believe me,

I’ve done the math
I even broke out a pad
And jotted down a graph
And tallied up the stats
I signed it with my autograph
With intentions to send it
I started the letter off
“Confused”, in caps lock and indented

The pages ran on
As I reminisced
From our first date
To our last kiss

I know I think too much
And it gets the best of me,
It grabs hold of my soul
And won’t let go of the rest of me,
I’ve never had to deal with trust
I guess its just life testing me,
If there’s a cure for pain
I wish I knew the recipe



So I could drink it down
Like the soup that mama made,
Our bond is thicker
Than a jar of marmalade
Back home in our backyard
Watching Karma play,
Now were on other sides of the world
But it’s really not that far away

I’ve grown a lot on my own
Knowing your there for me,
Supporting my ideas
And living through all my stories,
Watching over my back
Always there to forewarn me,
You’re my guiding light
When my life gets stormy,

I remember back
When I was just a little chap,
You told me not to take your calculator
But I did in fact,
I snuck it in my bag
On my way to school,
You found out the next day
And boy was I the fool, (Oh damn!)

It was the first time
I’d seen you mad,
And seeing you like that
Really made me sad,
I knew that I had let you down
And I made it a point,
From then on
To always hold my ground

I’ve learned that trust is a vital key
And the way to unlock
Another’s heart successfully
Is to communicate openly
Lay your cards on the table
So the only label I hide
Is the one
Covering my navel,



There’s a lot of thing I am
And a lot that I’m not,
I’ve seen a lot of people pretend to have
When they really have not,
So I made it a point to be me the damn start,
Cause, me is all I got,
And when you break the self down
Heart is all you got

And when heart is all you got
Then heart is all you have
That is why we use our heart
To express the good and bad
Remember the Grinch Who Stole Christmas
And the heart he never had
But by the end of the flick
His heart was filled like a bag

Damn, now didn’t that send a message?
To all the little sisters and brethren’s
That’s been pestering
Each other from day one-
This world could learn a lesson
By opening their arms
And putting down all their weapons,

I know that times have been hard
And that we’ve been tested
But it couldn’t do no harm
Were not headed
In the right direction
With each wound we suffer
We all get infected
And if everyone is hurt
Then who’s there to protect us

No comments:

Post a Comment