Friday 2 March 2012

departing korea part two

The time has come once again for me to depart from a world in which I have created and flourished within. 11 months deep and over 2 years on and off; I feel as though I am exceeding baggage. I have milked every exhaustible means on this island and it is time for me to move on before my infatuation and understanding for Korea exceeds its capacity and bursts- formulating an underlying fate that unfortunately affects us foreigners after an extended period of stay in this ultimately dichotic conformist wonderland. It is one thing to come here and teach for a year or three- but we all hit the brick wall at one point or another, but to morph and accept this lifestyle as my own is impossible.
Granted, my lifestyle far exceeds my latter in Canada; owning a motorcycle, retaining a well respected well-paid job, paying rent on an amazing house in one of the biggest cities in the world, and many many more attributes that pay homage to my found love and intrigue within a distant and foreign culture.
I have embraced all I can. I have accepted, explores, experienced, and fought through all I can. Now I am done. 26 days left and vigorously counting- I never thought it would come to this; it’s not like I am not enjoying myself, it’s just that I have lost my passion. I have tried to find it; I’ve driven the entire countryside, rapped and performed poetry on stage, written for magazines and websites, thrown a dozen dinner parties and feel like I’ve searched every inch of this land and now I am complete.
NOW, I AM COMPLETE!

No comments:

Post a Comment