Friday 2 March 2012

mc with a mic stand

I’m just a MC with a mic stand
Rocking with a hype band
Trying to make a living
Putting money in my right hand
To understand the plight
You gotta survive the fight
Gas up
Spread your wings and enjoy the flight
Turbulence will turn some away
But that’s life, right
And if you never take off
You’ll never know what it’s like
And that’s another opportunity missed
You see,
It’s not about the destination
It’s about the journey

So go see the world
Through your own eyes
Living proof
And not that spoof news
They spew at you to stay aloof
But the real truth
And I can’t lay it to you
Cause you gotta see it with your own two
For it to prove
That there’s gotta be another way
Nothing but gossip, hate and fear
Playing through the air waves all day
Kind of driving me insane
Which is why I turned off my TV six years ago this May-
Now I got time to write rhymes and recite lines
At poetry sessions
Without TV I found my passion
Now I’m progressing
First lesson, turn the TV off because it causes depression
Cause you’re either too thin or too fat
Fashions bullshit saying browns the new black
It’s all wack
Just another scheme to be relieved of your cash

No comments:

Post a Comment