Tuesday 6 March 2012

walking with initiative

I’m walking with initiative pressed between my fingertips
It’s not a cigarette, but it burns just like a hypocrite
I’ve played the same beat
About twenty times deep
A rewind freak
Just trying to find my speech
I’ve climbed mountains and cast my hook into the sky
Reeled in all the stars and used the light to spark my rhymes
Sure, it helped through darker times
But they’ve passed
I’m living in the now
So bartender, fill another glass of gin
It used to be my courage
A cure for all the nerves and a fuel for the current
Nowadays the nerves settled
And adrenalines revving
Man I live for the stage and the microphone peddling
I heard an old quote and its read as labelled
                             “Do what you have to now
                              So you can do what you want to later”

And what I want is what I have
To make you all sway
From on stage with no strings attached, all day

It’s all of me inside of you
And you inside of me
Repeated over this beat
So move your feet
                “It’s all of me inside of you and you on top of me”

It’s the air that we breathe
And the freedom of our dreams
It’s the A’s and the Z’s
And every letter in between
When life can be smaller
Than a decimal seen
Were all giant beings
Equipped with infinite beans
To the sky
Why people try to
Cut our stocks I don’t know why

The same story goes for the nerds and jocks
It needs to stop
But it won’t cause its innate
It’s like communism on paper
It sounds great
To pick on the weak
To get what you want
But this is my boulder
So get the funk off

We need to stride through these rough times
And ride through these tough tides
And keep our eye and passion in mind
Cause there ain’t enough time
The key to survive is replacing you with I
But when the two meet together it’s a beautiful sight
Like two tigers on the prowl but they share the fight
Or finishing each other sentences like
                                                Au-weirdersen- Good night!


I knew a woman
Who shed a tear every day since birth
Not of her own- but of her sons curse
Tears were dropping
But the tears were of joy until she lost him
The world opened up its arms and caught him
Embraced him and taught him
How to be a man
He went from holding hands with his fam-
To a global span
Thailand, Taiwan, Korea and Japan
The Asian fevers sinking in
He’s drinking in this quicksand
But he skipped to South America
Now amidst the Amazon, Aztecs’ and malaria
He’s come a long way
From growing up in Ontario
Smoking weed
Chasing girls
And blowing out the stereo
And everywhere he’s been
And everything he takes in
And every song he sings
And everyday the sun brings
New life to this gentle-
Man who reminisces about this woman over instrumentals

No comments:

Post a Comment