Tuesday 6 March 2012

my dog joe

Standing outside My Dog Joe the familiar face of Nikhil strides by- beautiful head of hair and a honest smile, and though we’ve only met once, our rapport is fluid- I part from my mother and follow Nikhil inside for a coffee he offered to buy. We sit and lay bags down tableside while Alice pops in-between us- Nikhil an employee of Mulberry Street Coffee House which is an affiliate of MDJ, and I a baker- we discuss our new product that my mother has just delivered- chocolate dipped pretzels rolled in toffee… simply put… mmm… Alice leaves and I explain the rules to Nikhil while setting up the board. The game runs smoothly, but the conversation was a nicety- both of us in similar situations of being single and just looking for an excuse to get out of the house. I will write his schedule here for further reference (3-11 most night at mulberry with it closing at 10 and heading to the Brain after for a nightcap). As he leaves a lady smiles from a neighboring seat as she places her biscuit on the table- overhearing our conversation- I apologize as she nods it off. Her name Is Julia and she works at the Skydragon (coincidence) and I make plans to drop in Thursday for open mic- her presence reads electric and educated, fashionable and laid back- a woman whose on her own path and gets it- If you dig what I’m saying. I am heading on a walk with my dog and mom to the arboretum, but before I must go to the bank and mail my name change form. Today is a good day.
oct 4/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment