Tuesday 6 March 2012

second time on james north

It’s raining today! I love a nice rainy day- sitting at my desk watching the drops of rain pelt the black street through thin slats in the bamboo drapes.
It feels like home.
I have been soaking in a pot- an 11 bean medley plus I tossed in a few shakes of pearl barley.

It was my second time on James street north this week and I’m really trying to make this my new home.
The brain is a sweaty turn of the century building with exposed brick, ancient moldings and the hipster, no identical two lamp/lighting, feel.

I met some cool people- people whose scene I will infiltrate as if I were a rouge Russian spy. I really am urking for a scene for me to meet new people and create and gain/share its liveliness. Real human connection.

My second time in a week I’ve already met Dave Kuric, owner of Mixed Media at Hmag- Douglas owner of Beats&Books where I brown bagged a copy of Brave New World, by Aldus Huxley.
Rob, Kobe & Johnny Free?? The dj of Canadian winter.

Little side note- as we conversed outside the brain we got on topic of Korea and he’d been to Busan to visit his bro- I love life’s little way of linking two random souls together by one thread of action.

I look forward to meeting a new crown and starting a new life for myself in Hamilton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment