Tuesday 6 March 2012

piece of mind

MY THOUGHTS ON RETURNING TO NORTH AMERICA HAVE BEEN A LITTLE skewed by my observations and new life abroad. Seeing the genuineness and level of respect in Asia was refreshing and I was almost thrown-off by their patient demeanour, being the magnitude of people congested within a city- I got the feeling they got along really well.  It was a nice change from the hooched-out youth, the surplus of racial disputes, (hot headed) impatient drivers and the constant negativity encompassing everyday life i.e. work, money, gas, school, taxes, weather, government- that herds cooler talk discussions America-wide. Constant talk of problems without talk of solutions- so much negativity that it almost embodied me.

            Upon returning home, I was ready to be negative as well, and put down the people and their views.  Fuelled by my love for Asia and its conscious state of mind, I’ve been contemplating how I would react being tossed back into my old world circle.

            In my short time home, I have learned that you really can find nice people everywhere- people smiling or willing to assist, even go out of their way for you.  But you also find the lame, the downers, the douches, the free-loaders, the gomers and half breeds- who aren’t even capable of having a conversation worth starting- due to the ignorance that steams off them like a fresh pile of dung on a London street donned with cobble stone, illuminated by archways that horse-drawn carriages daintily gallop these faux elite on their way to arrogant dinner parties with Sir.Douche and Lady Deadfish.  It’s sad that a handful of low-life’s take up the majority of frontlines in today’s newspapers, news, and change the angle of how we view our own country- and this is speaking from a totally un-political perspective (which for that argument would need enough paper from forest of trees to do justice to those greedy, manipulating pig-fuckers).

            In the middle of all this I find myself stuck trying to make sense of what’s to come; from a man- that is what I am aren’t I- neatly written in calligraphy donning the erection of my Bar Mitzvah- and now I return home and I want people to understand, perhaps even change or to have grown along with me, but no.

            Now my burdened soul- a soul with new desires and aspects to shape a society to appear suitable- perhaps suave compared to this un-tucked, unshaven, cigarette stained, foul tongue, tiger striped sweat pants society I’ve agreed to myself to return to- and I expect changes. When in reality I am the only one who has changed.  Sure… the majority appear to have their head on their shoulders- except those lucky enough to have been brainwashed by America’s most talented circus freaks (join the war on terror- i.e. join a one-sided raping of  a people who don’t want your short stubby American cock even around the house pig).

            But here I am thrown back into my old circuit like nothing has changed- except my head full of thoughts and new outlook on life- and I have to walk the same old streets and sit next to these people as they gobble down the same steel garbage pails full of waste- you know the true American industrial waste basket before recycling became such a fad. That incidentally people waste their lives working to afford filling with waste.

            But what about these wasters who work 12 hour shifts to order a variety of deep fried ‘whatever’- wait on their asses during their break from the concession stand for this heap and by the time it actually arrives- have to return to their shift- in other words wasting more waste.  On their electric cart ride back to the concession stand they see a newspaper that reads in thick bold print “fried food kills’. ‘Phew’ manages to escape their lips between wheezing, ‘I’m glad I didn’t eat that waste bin of tripe’.  Like you didn’t fucking know that already you double big mac, large fry, diet coke, second-from-snapping elastic waist band on society!

            Then you have the people who drive around with children in their car, smoking with all the windows up- these assholes should be punched with their awards. And how about the ever-so-popular family that uses threats of violence to quiet their children’s crying (in public). “If you don’t stoppa da crying im gonna wack you upside da head”. How about you quiet your fucking voice we are in a Wal- Mart and you are making more of a fucking scene than your child that just wants a minute of your attention instead of checking out the ageing sales clerk.  No, keep on threatening- I can see it worked well for your upbringing.  Assholes with children just piss me off in general- if you don’t get it- then how do you expect your kid to get it. Why don’t you just take them to McDonalds to shut them up- and feed your 2 year old to death because you never learned the 5 basic food groups when you were a child.  And when you leave McDonalds you can teach your child a good lesson by tossing your litter outside your shit-brown, torn seat, failed emission test, duct taped rag top, spinning rim, 73’ Oldsmobile.     

            When did morality get dumped curb-side with the rest of your junk? Probably at the end of the driveway of some asshole who thinks working for a living- is scamming the public. “Hi, I work for UNICEF and I am collecting any donations you might have. Oh thank you so much mam, the good lord blesses you…. yadda yadda BULLSHIT!”  The list goes on for low-life creeps looking to make a fast buck. Here’s a fucking hint Gustavo- shave your moustache, take out your piercing, cover your tattoos and don’t be such a fucking lurk for once and maybe your uncanny ways of scamming the public could turn into a productive construction job- and you could become a surplus to the economy, rather than sucking from the aging teat your nicotine stained teeth have been clenching onto since birth.

            Yeah its true were not all born with charm, wit, good looks or a widows inheritance, but were also not born into a country where you don’t understand right from dirt bag.

            The difference between the two could be determined by the neighbourhood you grew up in. But what about wanting to better yourself, rather than being the staple ingredient of the stench your block is brewing. Take initiative. Sure a job at the local McD’s isn’t glamorous but commitment looks good on a resume. So instead of spending your measly pay check on dime bags and HJ’s from a questionable street corner john, make a goal. Have a reasonable idea you can aim for so that you feel productive and feel good about yourself.

            Maybe it was the language barrier in Asia that allowed me to feel carefree, maybe even their patient and respectful heritage, or their drive for excellence, perfection and success- whichever it may be- it was a nice change from the constant burden of having to listen to douches, turkeys and gomers day in day out talk about; how shitty their life is, gas prices, traffic, and ‘can you believe this weather we are having?’. The key is to surround yourself with positive people and cut all the waste out. It’s your time and it’s not selfish to say “ Hey asshole, quit being such a fucking downer, stop being so negative and take action if your life really sucks as much as you say it does. ‘Cause I’ve heard the same story over and over and I’m sick of having to waste my time listening to you bitch- your bringing my high down’- but it’s like I said ‘you can find nice people everywhere’.

No comments:

Post a Comment