Tuesday 6 March 2012

heron journey

Weaving through midday traffic like a school of fish amidst coral- I found myself parallel
to the Hangang tributary. A road that begins a sunrise in the distance and ends perfectly located in front of one of my favoured destinations in Seoul. Taking time to appreciate the city was the selling point of buying a Daystar- though hustling my life in-between jarred traffic, is a hustle that requires complete awareness. This is why I was struck with a predicament when its wonder came into my view.  Should I embrace and face potential downfall- this obviously taken in the literal text, or neglect this hallmark and choose safety. Well, Ill tell you- I thought for a lot less time than it has taken me to write this forward and I engaged in an act that I have never before, nor will undoubtedly ever again. So I revved my bike up to 80 and took the inside lane manoeuvring between a sea of motorbikes fighting to eek through the synchronized lights. I finally caught up to my mantra- an incredibly angelic soaring heron. Its delicate wings nearly spanning the width of the waterway effortlessly gliding through the summer heat- ignoring traffic, stoplights, pedestrians and the fury of commotion. It was only concerned with resting its skyscraper frame in the cool water and hoping that’s today’s fixings aren’t going to bring to much of a struggle- because its just to darn hot to make such an effort. The heron flew the contours of the waterway- that tailored the twists and winds of the coal black mirage, as if we were on the same flight. We matched speed and caressed the duration of our venture together- though I fully engulfed in it, and it not I, I felt as if we flew as one.
The euphoria was short-lived. The heron arrived at its destination- swooping overhead while looping gently and descending to the grassy wetland. We departed without words, but that moment left an impression of wings that have helped guide me to soaring heights. 
5/29/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment