Thursday 1 March 2012

working man poems

Its dark but I wake up
Cause I have to work today
Left my bed a mess
Got dressed
To go make minimum wage
And I can’t pay my bills
So my heads always in pain
And while most people get wet
I’m just walking in the rain

Overhauling
Underpaid
Over timing
Minus wage
Over worked
Under fed
Life is over
Die instead

Im a working man
Wake up at the crack of dawn
Im a working man
Clearing brush and moving logs
Im a working man
Pulling levers on the job
Im a working man
And I sing my working songs
Im a working man
Raking leaves up off the lawn
Im a working man
Getting paid to move along
Im a working man
Scolded for doing something wrong
Im a working man
And I’ll be working till I’m gone
                                                Oct 22-10

The tree rambles arched
Aged with aching arms
People passing with lonesome stares
As if they were reliving an unfair childhood memory
“What’s wrong with the tree?”
                                                Oct 21-10


Death is a birch
Suited in harness
And armor
Decked with malicious
Weapons and fueled by pure instinct-
Though molded by rigorous training
                He sinks his teeth into flesh
And with agility and raw power
                Waltz’s his way into position-
Speedily trying his subject into submission
Sparking the ignition-
The chainsaw rev’s with wielding force
                Flesh eating teeth
Hungry for any poor ol’ sap
The stench of burning gasoline
                Stitches together frameworks of fantasy
He enters-
Lifeless limbs hang gnarled
Waiting to be sentenced-
The verdict… guilty!
As the flying chain screams through their flesh-
The noose whips down
Stealing the last breath from his severed limb
The rope is lowered
                Leaving the untying of these limbs-
Only to be dragged off to the wood chipper
                                                                Oct 20-2010

I see my jacket
Hanging from a branch
On a far off tree-
Sitting on the back of the chipper
Its lunch time and
And this Mondays gotten to me
Its those damn 5 hour sleeps-
I can only do them so before im just plain sluggish
That on top of missing my morning coffee
Because my pot never self-brewed when it was supposed too
My sandwich is just alright and I wish I had something tastier
Like another one of those juicy burgers from last night
But nope
Just 5 more hours till im home and I can throw my jacket on the floor
                                                                                Oct 25 2010
Long day blues:

I wake up at a quarter to 7
And roll myself out of the bed
Get picked up by Ty
And drive on the high
Arrive with my eyes heavy as lead
So we load up the trucks for an hour
Then stop at Tim Horton’s for more
Now its 10 by the time
The work bell will chime
And the loads doubled in scores
So we bundle the wood as it rains down
And bring it to the side of the curb
Throw in the chipper
All the bit quicker
While the boss passes by without word
The lunch bell begins to whistle
But I work on through the break
The wheelbarrow moves
And buckets do to
Thanks to the use of a rake
Now that all the woods moved to the front
And just one last step in play
Chip the wood by the curb
In one quick turn
And then well call it a day
Now that all sounds swell and nice
But the machine broke down from the start
The wood piled high
While the clocks ticking by
Breaking the bosses black heart
So now with the word load upon us
And brie with a truck on the way
We wait and we wait
With anger and hate
And can’t wait to finish the day
Were chugging on fumes and were spent
While the work keeps pressing on
The trees are in ties
Were left cut from all sides
While we sing this depressing song
With the clock at just seven
And the work day has finally passed
Cuts on our hands
Already with plans
To go home and sit on my ass
                                                Oct 26 2010
Dave Wilby is a cunt

Imagine a thankless man
A man consumed in himself
To which he cannot see the lives he’s affecting
Nor does he care to-
A man whose sole purpose is to stroke his own ego
A man who threatens your livelihood daily-
A man who abuses his power each morning
A man that uses the weak as a punching bag
A man that abuses his power each morning
A man that uses the weak as a punching bag
A man that is just a plain ol’ cunt-
A man whom I wish to write about no further.

No comments:

Post a Comment