Thursday 1 March 2012

the edge

What has rested inside
has grown reckless and tried
encased, enclosed, an enigma a lie
& with a crack that’s timed
it escapes like crime
what seems as weak
is fierce with pride
the light flickers
its bright
it streaks its eyes
It peeks, it squeaks
It takes its time
Its meek it’s blind
With an untested mind
It fends and blends
Within a congested line
At the end it waits
Resting alive
Unknown to what awaits
At the head of the line
Each step is timed
With breathe and sigh
The depth is crept
Each step is mimed
It steps and frets
The head of the line
It sweats and sweats
And lets a sigh
Still unknown
To the test of time
Now second in line
It meets its time
The edge appears
To him and I
I can’t stress
The importance
That rests inside
Its fate’s innate
And must be tried
I wait and wait
Stone faced and writhe
Till it lifts its head
And leapt with pride
Oh no! Oh no!
Please don’t I cry!
It sinks! It sinks
The brink of time
Still sinking
I think
Of the unknown mind
The family the friends
The knowledge of time
Youth and freedom
The feeling sublime
Love and lust
The breakups
The nine
The world,
Discovery
And untapped minds
Language, drugs
Respect and crime
Alone
Together
Entangled in twine
Creation
Destruction
Passion and rhyme
Old age
Death
The test of time
All this passes
In the blink of an eye
But wait! Oh wait
A marvellous cry
It spreads its wings
And learns to fly
It soars and roars
Throughout the sky
Rising
Gliding
Flying so high
It meets my eyes
As it flies on by
And I think to I
It’ll do just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment