Wednesday 7 March 2012

trip to paris

I went to the jays game today- biking in the rain to meet Jord and Cory quit we scalped 10$ tickets and snuck into the 100 level seats and watched the jays kick the rangers ass as they swatted 3 dingers in a 7-2 victory. I left in the 7th cause of parking issues and cruised back to Dundas losing my Korea hat along the drive. The day before Tim and I took a leisure cruise to Paris, Ontario- a town lying on the shore of the Grand River that looked like a photo from the turn of the century- each building stood firm from its original structure. The length, if even, of a football field ran the towns strip; two dollars stores, a few cafes, the ubiquitous Chinese restaurant, a pub, canoe rental, candy and ice cream parlor, all of which had its feet in the sand of the Grande hosting a grand view of its own. Being labor day weekend the only store that caught my attention was closed- there is nothing more enjoyable in my books than to peruse towns for used book shops- it lets you peer into the lives and interest of the locals without the rigidness of the already standing buildings that have premeditated their daily choices along the strip. I believe I will come back next week with the mother on my bike to enjoy the old world feel and buy some more soy candles from this wonderful ladies garage.
sept 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment