Wednesday 29 February 2012

just a hello

Her soul wandered into the room.
We only met in passing as if knowing we would be given a second chance;
A burning ember to ignite our conversation
& a giant banana leaf to fan the flames
She spoke with flowing tongue
I listened & dissected to bite size pieces to swallow whole-
Some stories made her smile, proud & honest
Some tear,
Some stories lead her head to my chest
I laughed, choked, and lost heartbeats to her stories
I told her of myself,
Shared poetry and song,
Cut up pieces of my life and fed them to her-
We talked for hours without getting full
We walked arm in arm before I asked her for a kiss-
We kissed
I could have held her for days until my body was replaced with sleep
We parted-
Her to remain at a Occupy Toronto
I to Bovine Sex Club
Her call excited me-
She was Queen Street bound
My soul now worn as mask-
We walked the streets staring at the moon
With her on my back
Two minutes diverted our plans and now we were drinking wine in my bedroom
In another city
She dressed in my clothes & we listened to music
She schooled me
We lied together wrapped in innocence-
Arms tied
Puzzle-piece bodies
Only sounds can describe this comfort
We woke late & got coffee before our return to Kensington
Our goodbye was short in the essence of time
But we are connected eternal
She will go back to Montreal
My life will commence-
But I have forever been left with her eyes like keys-
I lost heart beats

No comments:

Post a Comment